The Ferrari 612 Scaglietti is a Gran Turismo sports coupe that has been produced by the Italian car company Ferrari since 2004. The 612 Scaglietti sports car was designed to replace the previously produced model called the Ferrari 456 M. The new model was larger and wore a 2 + 2 landing formula, and the space behind was already quite acceptable for accommodating adults, not children or bags. Its production is carried out at the plant Carrozzeria Scaglietti, which is located in Modena, Italy.
The design of the car worked company Pininfarina under the leadership of American designer Frank Stephenson (Frank Stephenson). The body of the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti created by advanced technologies and is completely made of aluminum alloys. Let us consider in more detail the design and technology of its creation. 72% of the whole body are power parts and durable inserts. In the manufacture of power parts used extrusion method. The essence of this method lies in the fact that the molten metal is squeezed out through a profiling hole called a spinneret. The remaining 28% are aluminum body panels.
It is worth noting the fact that in the history of Ferrari is the first model with a fully aluminum body equipped with a V12 engine. As for the engine, as already mentioned above, the Model 612 Scaglietti is equipped with a power unit Tipo F133E V12, the volume of which is 5.7 liters. This engine was borrowed from the model 575 M Maranello, but was slightly modified. The geometry of the intake path has been changed, and the exhaust system has been revised. But that's not all. Also, the engine has been increased degree of compression. All this made it possible to achieve an increase in power of 25 hp. (533 hp) at the same speed (7250 r / min).
The maximum torque also remained the same - 588 Nm at 5250 rpm. This engine allows the sports car to accelerate to 100 km / h in just 4.2 seconds. And the maximum speed is 315 km / h. Transmission installed on the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, has a special scheme, which is called Transaxle. The engine, located behind the front axle of the car, transmits torque to the gearbox, which is docked with the rear gearbox. This arrangement allows you to achieve optimum weight distribution: 46% of the mass on the front axle and 54% on the rear. There are two transmission options.
As standard, it offers an excellent 6-speed manual transmission. But, at the request of the client, it is possible to install a version of the 6-speed gearbox with electro-hydraulic clutch control and gear shifting called F1A, which indicates the relationship with the technology used in Formula 1. The sports transmission mode can be activated with a special button on the steering wheel And the actual manual gear shift can be carried out by the driver using the steering wheel petals. In order to make it easier to hold the car, the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti is equipped with a limited slip differential. The suspension of the sports coupe also can not but rejoice.
Here are installed special shock absorbers that change the stiffness depending on the speed and condition of the road. And if the driver is keen on getting into turns at high speed, then a specially developed control system CST (Control for Stability and Traction) will come to his aid, which will slow down at the right moment without letting the car get off the specified trajectory. But do not be upset if you think that you don’t need electronics help, and you yourself can do a great job managing - you can always turn it off using the button on the steering wheel. CST also has a sport mode, in which the system already interferes less with management, allowing for a slight wheel slip.
Production of the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti model continues in Italy and now. For all the production time, several special versions of the sports car were released, which, in fact, differed only in appearance. In 2007, the limited edition 612 Scaglietti was released, which were painted like police cars. Their release was timed to the upcoming anniversary of the company (60 years), or rather to the world tour, which started on January 29, 2007 from the Emirates. They were provided by the British police to participate in the festive relay. Their task was to accompany the main participants of the race, who by then had already reached the UK.
They drove ahead of the column for 2400 km from Belfast to London, after which the cars were returned to the company. Also in honor of the 60th anniversary of the company, for true connoisseurs of Ferrari, in 2007, 60 special copies of the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti called Sessanta were released. This model has an exclusive black and gray body color, a slightly different grille, chrome exhaust pipes, a glass panoramic roof and nameplates labeled "612 Sessanta". The car also received an even more luxurious interior with brown leather trim, a rear-view camera and a premium Bosse audio system.